HALLMARK CHANNEL TOPPLES COMPETITION SCORING #1 RATED SPOT IN PRIMETIME ON SATURDAY FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEK
Third ‘June Weddings’ Original Movie Marks Network’s Highest-Rated and Most-Watched June Movie Premiere
New York, June 20, 2017 – Hallmark Channel’s “June Weddings” programming event is in full swing with the third nuptial-themed premiere of the month “Wedding March 2: Resorting to Love” boosting the network to #1 among HH ratings in Primetime on Saturday.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
- The Saturday, June 17, premiere of “Wedding March 2: Resorting to Love” averaged a 2.2 HH rating and 2.3 million Total Viewers
- Original premiere was the #1 program of the week among HH ratings, excluding news and sports
- Including “Wedding March 2: Resorting to Love,” Hallmark Channel has premiered the #1 HH-rated movie of the week for the third consecutive week
- In the 9-11 p.m. time period, the debut propelled Hallmark Channel to rank #1 among HH and Total Viewer ratings and delivery
- “Wedding March 2: Resorting to Love” marks the network’s highest-rated and most-watched original June movie premiere among HH ratings and Total Viewer delivery
In “Wedding March 2: Resorting to Love,” college sweethearts Olivia and Mick unexpectedly reunite after 25 years and become partners who run a wedding resort. As they work side by side, they learn that while their business relationship may not be working, romance may be in their future. Stars Jack Wagner and Josie Bissett.
Source: Nielsen, 6/12-6/18/17.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls,” “The Middle,” “Last Man Standing,” and “Frasier.”
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.